This Banking news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about banking and banker news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New delays in case of Chicago banker, Stephen Calk, who sought Trump administration position
Even as President Donald Trump's time in office comes to an end, Chicago banker
Stephen Calk is still fighting criminal charges that resulted from his work on the 2016 presidential campaign.
ABC News. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- ASK TONY: A little extra help with my banking? Not from Halifax!
My niece visited my Halifax branch at the end of April to register Power of Attorney (POA) over my financial affairs. She needed a debit card as she was taking care of my shopping.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Secret collection of 1932 Plymouths going up for auction
A collection of cars mostly from the 1932 model year is coming up for auction following the death of its owner. The Plymouths, DeSotos and Dodge were owned by Kansas banker
Fox News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Societe Generale (SCGLY) to Cut 640 Jobs Amid Restructuring
Societe Generale (SCGLY) plans to cut 640 jobs in France, mostly at the investment-banking divisions, as part of its efforts to restructure the equities business.
Zacks. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Ex-Lehman bankers plot IPO for trader Marex Spectron
A major commodities broker controlled by two former Lehman Brothers executives is drawing up plans for a bumper stock market flotation in London.
Sky News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- China Extends Reach in the Caribbean, Unsettling the U.S.
The region has strategic importance as a hub for logistics, banking
and commerce. It is also very close to the United States.
New York Times. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Aston Martin is lockdown bid target, say brokers
Bankers said some companies were taking on lots of debt and could struggle without income for weeks or months, making them easy targets for private equity vultures.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 7 Nov 2020.
- Earnings Estimates Rising for Columbia Banking (COLB): Will It Gain?
(COLB) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Zacks. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Coldwell Banker CEO: The hot market will continue into 2021
M. Ryan Gorman told Inman that as the pandemic drags on, Americans will keep moving to homes that better fit their needs.
Inman. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Lloyds takes axe to 1,070 jobs as part of restructuring drive
Group is to cut 1,070 jobs under a plan to simplify structures in some back office operations.
Sky News. Wednesday, 4 Nov 2020.
- BNP Paribas posts profit beat for third quarter and maintains guidance for the year
BNP Paribas beat market expectations on Tuesday on the back of a solid performance in its investment banking
CNBC. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- The creators of Candy Crush are banking on the Crash Bandicoot franchise for their next mobile hit
King, the mobile game developer behind the wildly popular Candy Crush franchise, has high hopes for Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!.
CNBC. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Jeff Bezos may be considering purchase of CNN, according to bankers
Rumours of the purchase stem from investment bankers discussing the potential sale
Yahoo. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- A year of relocation: Where luxury buyers moved in 2020
A new report from Coldwell Banker
sheds light on where the wealthy moved this year, why they relocated and what they're looking for in a home.
Inman. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Women In Finance Share Ways To Reinvent Your Business
Tami Erwin, CEO of Verizon Business, Gabrielle Rabinovitch, Vice President of Investor Relations at PayPal, and Kathryn Chase, Head of US Small Business Banking
at Citibank share ways women in business can bounce back during the pandemic.
Forbes. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
Banks News Headlines and News Summaries