This Grocery Store news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about grocery stores from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago Mayor asks residents to cancel Thanksgiving plans and stay indoors as Covid cases rise
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot asked all residents to cancel Thanksgiving plans and stay at home unless they need to go to work or school or to tend to essential needs like the doctor's office or grocery store.
CNBC. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- As COVID cases rise, no need to stockpile supplies, expert says
As COVID-19 cases continue to surge, consumers are stocking up, and grocery stores
ABC News. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Putting the Sport Back in S.U.V.s, 2 Jeep Rivals Sell the Off-Grid Life
The Ford Bronco and the Land Rover Defender revive two legendary lineages with models that can handle trails as well as grocery store
New York Times. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Experts predict new grocery-buying patterns amid pandemic surge
Grocery stores like Kroger have plans to limit products to avoid shortages amid an increase in coronavirus cases in the U.S.
ABC News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- UK man stockpiles pasta amid second coronavirus lockdown
Aldi shopper at UK grocery store
unloads pounds of pasta at checkout during second lockdown.
Fox News. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- The Scary Reality Of What Amazon Prime Day Now Means For Grocers
Prime Day 2020 showed that Amazon can move the market at will, which is a power that will only grow stronger as it expands its physical grocery store
Forbes. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- How Grocery Stores Are Offering COVID-19 Tests
More grocery stores
across the United States are offering customers the option to get COVID-19 tests. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Texas County Judge Orders Two-Week Shutdown Of Non-Essential Businesses Due To Rise In COVID-19 Cases
Samaniego said grocery stores, food delivery services and pharmacies will remain open
Daily Caller. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus: Symptomless form spread among grocery store workers
In May, at one grocery store
in Boston, one in five workers tested positive, indicating a 20% infection rate, which is 15 to 22 times higher than the general population rate of 0.9% to 1.3% at that time.
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- High rate of symptomless COVID-19 infection among grocery store workers
Grocery store employees are likely to be at heightened risk of COVID-19 infection, with those in customer-facing roles 5 times as likely to test positive as their colleagues in other positions, a new study suggests.
Science Daily. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- 'Safer than your local grocery store': How the Pentagon kept the virus at bay as the White House struggled
The contrast between the chaos the pandemic has wreaked on the White House and the limited impact it has had on the health of the 25,000-strong Pentagon workforce, which has rigorously followed CDC guidelines, could not be more pronounced.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Shoppers at Dublin Grocery Store Glimpse Viking History Beneath Their Feet
A new Lidl boasts plexiglass windows that reveal archaeological wonders, including an 11th-century house and 18th-century staircase
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- A San Francisco grocery store is selling bouquets of dead fall LEAVES for $15 a bunch
Bi-Rite is selling the bunches of leaves in its flower section. They were cut from maples trees at McGinnis Ranch in Watsonville, California and driven 99 miles to the market.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- 1 Killed in Shooting at Fort Worth Grocery Store: Police
Police are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred at Homan Grocery in Fort Worth on Sunday night.
NBC. Monday, Oct 26 2020.
- Grocery stores prepare for shoppers to stockpile ahead of another coronavirus wave
The U.S. recorded its highest daily number of COVID-19 cases on Friday. It recorded the second-highest on Saturday.
Yahoo. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
Grocery Stores News Headlines and News Summaries