This Iron and Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about iron and steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Steelers prepping as if Big Ben will play Sunday
Ben Roethlisberger can't practice while he's on the reserve/COVID-19 list, but the Steelers expect him to play this weekend.
ESPN. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Physics can assist with key challenges in artificial intelligence
Two challenges in the field of artificial intelligence have been solved by adopting a physical concept introduced a century ago to describe the formation of a magnet during a process of iron
bulk cooling. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Archaeologists uncover 1,000-year-old Viking ship burial site
Researchers have found a ship, feast hall and cult house that date back to the Iron
CBS News. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Ultrafast laser experiments pave way to better industrial catalysts
Scientists have recently published an ultrafast laser study on uncharged iron
oxide clusters, which could ultimately lead to the development of new and less-expensive industrial catalysts. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Olympic Steel (ZEUS) Stock Up on Q3 Earnings & Revenue Beat
A steady rise in demand drove Olympic Steel's (ZEUS) performance in the third quarter.
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Young man becomes first person with Down syndrome to finish Ironman Triathlon
Chris Nikic became the first athlete with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman Triathlon. The 21-year-old from Florida even earned himself a Guinness World Record for finishing the race. Norah O'Donnell shares his story.
CBS News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Big Ben among 4 to go on Steelers' COVID list
Ben Roethlisberger and three other Steelers players were added to the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday.
ESPN. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Florida man becomes 1st athlete with Down syndrome to complete Ironman triathlon
A Florida man trotted across the finish line over the weekend and became the first athlete with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman Triathlon, the Special Olympics announced.
Fox News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Serbia v Scotland: Steve Clarke tells Amy Irons how he would feel if side win Euro 2020 play-off
Scotland head coach Steve Clarke tells Amy Irons of BBC Scotland's The Nine that any celebrations would be fleeting if Scotland win in Serbia on Thursday.
BBC News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Steelers place Ben Roethlisberger and three others on reserve/COVID-19 list
The Pittsburgh Steelers have placed Ben Roethlisberger and three other players on the reserve/COVID-19 list after concluding they had been in close contact with infected Vance McDonald.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- President-Elect Biden Can Throw The Coal Industry A Life Rope: Green Infrastructure Projects
Peabody Energy is struggling to stay afloat. But President-elect Biden can help save the coal operator if he pushes for green infrastructure projects that use "met" coal that goes into steel
Forbes. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster pulled in a 31-yard touchdown reception from quarterback Ben Roethlisberger with 14:15 to go in their game against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday afternoon.
Fox News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Florida man is 1st person with Down syndrome to finish Ironman triathlon
A Florida man made history as he completed an Ironman, a physically grueling feat that has landed him in the Guinness World Records.
ABC News. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Florida Athlete Chris Nikic Becomes First Person With Down Syndrome To Complete The Ironman Triathlon
'The hardest part for him was the mental part of the race'
Daily Caller. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- 21-year-old Florida man becomes the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon
On Saturday, Chris Nikic, 21, from Florida, was certified with a Guinness World Record for being the first person with Down's syndrome to complete the race.
Daily Mail. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
Iron and Steel News Headlines and News Summaries