This Mammography news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mammography and mammogram news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Colonoscopy and mammogram rates in the US plummet by 65% amid pandemic
RAND Corporation researchers worry that the missed screenings they documented could mean cancer might be spreading undetected in these patients, posing potentially life-threatening risks.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
In a retrospective study of asymptomatic patients, all of whom had a negative 3-D mammogram
within the previous 11 months, abbreviated MRI detected roughly 27 cancers per 1,000 women screened.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Woman delaying mammograms during COVID-19 pandemic, making them vulnerable to breast cancer
Because of the pandemic, a vast majority of women have not had a mammogram
this year, which is raising alarms for the American Cancer Society.
ABC News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Loretto Hospital offering free mammograms for uninsured, underinsured women in October
Loretto Hospital will be offering free mammograms during October for uninsured or underinsured West Side residents.
ABC News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- A million women miss vital breast screening as huge backlog forms after coronavirus lockdown
The charity Breast Cancer Now estimates that 986,000 patients in the UK are waiting for life-saving mammograms because screening ground to a halt when the pandemic struck.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 30 Sep 2020.
- Are Mammograms Worthwhile for Older Women?
Some might be better off not knowing they have breast cancer because they are likely to die of other causes long before breast cancer would threaten their health.
New York Times. Monday, 17 Aug 2020.
- Coronavirus: Cancer survivor calls mammogram refusal 'ageist'
Janet Wilkie criticises the suspension of breast screenings for the over 70s due to the pandemic.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
Mammography Clinics News Headlines and News Summaries