This Mental Health news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about mental health news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Politics was hard but depression was harder
Alastair Campbell explores his own struggles with his mental health
as he hopes to provide companionship to those people who also feel 'isolated and helpless'.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Teens in Covid Isolation: 'I Felt Like I Was Suffocating'
Remote learning, lockdowns and pandemic uncertainty have increased anxiety and depression among adolescents, and heightened concerns about their mental health
New York Times. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- A Covid-19 surge of depression and anxiety is being treated by robots
A majority of workers are more comfortable sharing their mental health
struggles with a robot than a boss. Experts are divided on whether AI is up to the task.
CNBC. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Mental health 911 calls will be handled by experts, not NYPD, in new program
First lady Chirlane McCray said NYPD officers will be "relieved" of responsibilities they should have never have been asked to handle.
CBS News. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Veterans facing dangerous triad amid coronavirus, other health conditions, expert says
Veterans are already at an increased risk for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and the coronavirus pandemic has only exacerbated mental health
issues for some.
Fox News. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Mental health strained by disaster
A new study found that suicide rates increase during all types of disasters -- including severe storms, floods, hurricanes and ice storms -- with the largest overall increase occurring two years after a disaster. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Vaginismus May Be The Reason That Penetration Is Painful
When you experience pain before or during penetration it can lead to much more than physical discomfort. The anxiety and isolation associated with chronic pain can take a massive toll on your mental health
Forbes. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Nature Is Good For Your Mental Health, Sometimes
These findings have made some psychologists wonder if "green prescriptions," a prescription from healthcare provider to spend time in nature, could help people recover from certain mental illnesses.
Forbes. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Barrier-free COVID testing and mental health screenings
Sayre Health Center is offering mental health
screenings alongside COVID-19 testing.
ABC News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- One in 16 Covid survivors will be diagnosed with anxiety 'within three months of the disease'
Researchers led by the University of Oxford said the study of almost 70million people in the US confirmed their fears that Covid-19 is linked with worsening mental health
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Covid lockdown: Impulsive online spending 'like a drug'
People with mental health
conditions can find it harder to stop spending too much online, a charity says.
BBC News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- One in five COVID-19 patients develop mental health problems, study suggests
One in five COVID-19 patients develop mental health
problems within three months, a study has suggested.
Sky News. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Mental health issues 'rise' during Wales lockdown
Pontypool residents have faced increased stress, often over money, as a result of the pandemic.
BBC News. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Green prescriptions could undermine the benefits of spending time in nature
Spending time in nature is believed to benefit people's mental health
. However, new research suggests that giving people with existing mental health
conditions formal 'green prescriptions', may undermine some of the benefits.
Science Daily. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- This Top-Rated Mental Fitness App Can Help You Be Your Best
Improve your mental health
so you can improve your business's health.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries