This Metal news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about metals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Here's What Analysts Are Forecasting For Wheaton Precious Metals Corp. (TSE:WPM) After Its Third-Quarter Results
Wheaton Precious Metals
Corp. (TSE:WPM) shareholders are probably feeling a little disappointed, since its shares ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- These Microbes May Help Future Martians and Moon People Mine Metals
An experiment aboard the space station showed that bacteria were effective at extracting rare earth elements from rocks.
New York Times. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Commercial Metals (CMC) Gains But Lags Market: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Commercial Metals
(CMC) closed at $20.79, marking a +0.43% move from the previous day.
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Bet Big on Industrial Metal ETFs on Vaccine Optimism
Wall Street has been on a rallying mode in recent sessions on upbeat vaccine data and recovering global manufacturing activities.
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- British man fitted with prosthetic arm from Metal Gear Solid
Daniel Melville from Reading, who was born without his right hand, is the very first recipient of the characteristic red and black arm of Metal
Gear Solid protagonist 'Venom Snake'.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Lithium Leads A New Battery Metals Rush
Lithium returns as an investment option as electric vehicle sales rise.
Forbes. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Researchers 3D print biomedical parts with supersonic speed
Forget glue, screws, heat or other traditional bonding methods. Engineers have now developed a 3D printing technique that creates cellular metallic materials by smashing together powder particles at supersonic speed.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Big concerts will be 'the last thing' to return from coronavirus shutdowns, says Metallica's Lars Ulrich
Metallica's Lars Ulrich said the return of live concerts will "mean Covid, as we know it now, is over." However, he said it will be a while before that happens.
CNBC. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Rock mining with microbes may aid space explorers
UK scientists show how astronauts on the Moon or Mars could one day mine for metals
BBC News. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- ISS: Space miners may use BACTERIA to extract useful metals
Researchers from the University of Edinburgh designed experiments to run on the ISS that proved using microbes to recover valuable resources could work in zero or low levels of gravity.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Coating plastics by porous nanofilm
A research team has developed a new method for creating metal-organic framework (MOF) thin films that can be applied to sensors and electric devices.
Science Daily. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Rioter Allegedly Attempts To Strangle Officer With Metal Chain As Violence Continues In New York City
'Violence - in any form - is unacceptable'
Daily Caller. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- New lockdown: Manchester University students pull down campus fences
Undergraduates in Manchester say they awoke to find 7ft metal
fences surrounding their campus.
BBC News. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Man sentenced to 25 years for setting fire to 3 Baptist churches
The Department of Justice said the 23-year-old burned the predominantly African American churches "because of the religious character of these buildings, in an effort to raise his profile as a 'Black metal' musician."
CBS News. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Black Metal Arsonist Who Torched Churches In Louisiana Sentenced To 25 Years
Holden Matthews, who burned down three Black churches in 2019, was also ordered to pay over $2.6 million in restitution to the three churches he touched.
Forbes. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries