This Mortgage news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about mortgages from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mortgage demand from homebuyers drops to lowest level in 6 months
Another record low interest rate on the 30-year fixed mortgage
did not help drag homebuyers out of their recent slump.
CNBC. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Better.com raises $200M in Series D funding round
The New York City-based digital mortgage
startup plans to use the money to grow its team and technology products at a time when mortgage
demand is booming.
Inman. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Applying For Your First Mortgage? 14 Expert Tips To Boost Your Approval Chances
A large amount of debt can severely impact how much a lender is willing to let you borrow.
Forbes. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Delinquencies continue to rise across the country
The shattering impact that the pandemic could have on an average homeowner's ability to make mortgage
payments is just starting to be felt.
Inman. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Better Mortgage, An Online Lending Startup, Completes Series D At $4 Billion Valuation
Founded in 2014 by Vishal Garg, Better markets itself as a quicker alternative to conventional mortgage
Forbes. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Housing stocks see split reaction on coronavirus vaccine news, as mortgage rates jump
Homebuilder stocks are taking a hit on Pfizer's promising coronavirus vaccine news, while apartment REITs are finally crawling out of the basement.
CNBC. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Congresswoman-elect Hinson says she won House seat by being 'everyday Iowan' with minivan, mortgage
Republican women have made major strides in Congress this election, adding 13 women to the ranks of the House of Representatives.
Fox News. Sunday, 8 Nov 2020.
- Missed loan payment: Two million miss mortgage and loan repayments but could still get a mortgage
Those who have a history of struggling to keep up with debt repayments are about 50% more likely to have got further into debt as a result of the pandemic than those with good payment credentials.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 7 Nov 2020.
- Zillow Group (ZG) Earnings & Revenues Beat Estimates in Q3
Zillow Group's (ZG) Q3 performance benefits from continued strength in the IMT and Mortgage
segments. However, weak performing Homes segment was a dampener in the quarter.
Zacks. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- Covid: What help is available to pay my bills?
and rent holidays, help with debts, and cutting energy and insurance bills are all possible.
BBC News. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- Election suspense pushes mortgage rates to new all-time low
Amid political uncertainty, rates have dropped to a record low for the 12th time in 2020.
Yahoo. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Radian Group (RDN) Q3 Earnings Beat Estimates, Tumble Y/Y
Radian Group's (RDN) third-quarter results reflect strong housing market leading to higher mortgage
insurance business written, partly offset by higher loss provision.
Zacks. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Five reasons NOT to start overpaying a mortgage
Homeowners dream of the day they finally become mortgage
free - but should you bring that happy day forward by overpaying your mortgage
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- Mortgage holidays extended for up to six months
The scheme to help borrowers facing financial difficulty had been due to end on 31 October.
BBC News. Sunday, 1 Nov 2020.
- UCLA basketball to play Kentucky in Cleveland as schedule takes shape
UCLA announced on Thursday that it would play Kentucky on Dec. 19 at Rocket Mortgage
FieldHouse in Cleveland as part of the CBS Sports Classic.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries