This Museum news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about museums from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- National museum dedicated to Army debuts on Veterans Day
A sword from the defense of Fort McHenry in the War of 1812. A stopped wristwatch recovered from the wrecked E-Ring of the Pentagon on the Sept. 11 attacks. ...
Fox News. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Heart-breaking moment son, 80, finds WWII Hampden bomber flown by his RAF hero father's squadron
John grew up in London without ever having the chance to meet his father - a pilot who died eight months before he was born. But now, John found a link to his father's story at RAF museum
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- New US Army Museum Opens On Veterans Day
The Army is the only US military service that did not have a national museum.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Newly discovered primate 'already facing extinction'
specimens have helped to solve a long standing scientific monkey puzzle.
BBC News. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Native American Veterans Receive a Place of Their Own to Reflect and to Heal
After two decades in the making, a veterans memorial is dedicated at the National Museum
of the American Indian
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Celebrating 150 Years of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
An exhibition and a slate of virtual offerings commemorate the history of the iconic New York City institution
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Museum pays tribute to the Mujahideen victory over the Soviet Union
The Jihad Museum
in Herat sits in a hillside garden, surrounded by blooming rose bushes and the detritus of the war against the Soviet Union, which claimed over one million lives.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College Chicago hosts exhibition with focus on democracy
of Contemporary Photography has an exhibition focusing on the meaning of democracy on display now.
ABC News. Sunday, 8 Nov 2020.
- The Reagan Legacy Foundation, Michael Reagan, commemorate World War II veterans with Airborne Museum walkway
The Reagan Legacy Foundation honors veterans with the Walkway To Victory project at the Airborne Museum.
ABC News. Saturday, 7 Nov 2020.
- Dispute Over Pissarro Painting Looted by Nazis Is Back in Court
A Holocaust survivor wants to revisit a settlement with an Oklahoma art museum
over a painting once owned by her father.
New York Times. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Netflix Teams With Brooklyn Museum On Virtual Exhibition
Netflix has partnered with the Brooklyn Museum
for the launch of 'The Queen and The Crown: A Virtual Costume Exhibition' highlighting costumes from 'The Queen's Gambit' and 'The Crown'.
Forbes. Sunday, 1 Nov 2020.
- Salvaged Victorian signal box to become museum
It became redundant in 2016 along with others in the East Midlands.
BBC News. Sunday, 1 Nov 2020.
- Two Museums Tried to Sell Art. Only One Caught Grief About it.
The Baltimore Museum
of Art and the Brooklyn Museum
both planned on selling works last Wednesday at auction, but Baltimore paused the sale after much criticism.
New York Times. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- The 10 best coffee table books for the art museum obsessed
Inspire creative minded people on your gift list this 2020 holiday season with our favorite art books.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- As Campaign Spending Nears $14 Billion, This Online Video Platform Exposes The Perils Of Political Advertising
From Eisenhower v. Stevenson to Trump v. Biden, the Museum
of the Moving Image shows how campaigns past and present have played out in television, and shaped public opinion, with dozens of classic and contemporary spots.
Forbes. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
Museums News Headlines and News Summaries