This Physician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The husband and wife behind covid vaccine that could change the worl
Ugur Sahin and Oezlem Tuereci, who bonded over their love of medical research, are the married couple behind the Covid-19 vaccine that could change the world.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Nasal spray that blocked coronavirus transmission in ferrets may protect people
A new study from Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians
and Surgeons found ferrets given a nasal spray were blocked from being infected by ferrets sick with COVID-19.
Daily Mail. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Doctor on Pfizer vaccine: 'Not sure this one is the game winner'
Dr. Anand Swaminathan, Emergency Medicine Physician
in New Jersey joins Yahoo Finance's Kristin Myers to break down the latest coronavirus developments as Pfizer reports its vaccine trial was 90% effective.
Yahoo. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Researchers examine if online physician reviews indicate clinical outcomes
Dr. Atanu Lahiri and Dr. Zhiqiang Zheng studied the relationship between online reviews of physicians
and their patients' actual clinical outcomes. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- U.S. reports more than 126,000 coronavirus cases for second day, fourth straight record as virus surges nationwide
Dr. Megan Ranney, an emergency physician
and professor at Brown University, said that "the worst days of the pandemic are almost certainly still ahead of us."
CNBC. Sunday, 8 Nov 2020.
- Maradona set to have surgery on blood clot on his brain
Leopoldo Luque, Maradona's personal physician, said Maradona had "coped well with the surgery".
BBC News. Wednesday, 4 Nov 2020.
- Covid in Scotland: NHS staff 'facing perfect storm'
Shortages of staff and hospital beds are hampering efforts to tackle rising Covid cases, says a leading physician.
BBC News. Wednesday, 4 Nov 2020.
- Football legend Diego Maradona to undergo surgery for blood clot on the brain
Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona will undergo surgery for a subdural haematoma within hours, his personal physician
has told reporters,
Sky News. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- WELL Health Acquires DoctorCare - the Market Leader for 'Billing as a Service' for Canadian Doctors
* DoctorCare uses proprietary software and systems to provide medical BAAS or "Billing as a Service" outsourcing services to over 2,000 physicians
across Canada. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Dr. Joyce Wallace, Pioneering AIDS Physician, Dies at 79
Among the first to study the disease in the 1980s, she tried to stop its spread among thousands of New York City prostitutes.
New York Times. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- COVID Is Widening The Gender Pay Gap Among U.S. Doctors
After a year of seeing the gender pay gap narrow, a new study shows that in 2020, a year where physicians
were needed the most, the pay gap widened once again.
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Trump Claims Doctors Overcounting Covid-19 Coronavirus Deaths To Make More Money
Here is the response on Twitter from physicians
and various medical societies to the statements made by Trump during a campaign rally in Wisconsin.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- New tool can diagnose strokes with a smartphone
A new tool could diagnose a stroke based on abnormalities in a patient's speech ability and facial muscular movements, and with the accuracy of an emergency room physician
-- all within minutes from an interaction with a smartphone.
Science Daily. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
The virus, like other coronaviruses, may eventually become present in communities at all times, scientists said.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- President Trump tests negative for COVID 'on consecutive days,' physician says
President Donald Trump's physician
says the president tested negative for COVID-19 "on consecutive days."
ABC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries