This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Highwoods Properties (HIW) Closes Portfolio Sale Worth $127.5M
Highwoods Properties' (HIW) sale of assets in Greensboro and Memphis in line with its market-rotation plan which will simplify the business model. It is also in sync with its capital-recycling moves.
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Shell (RDS.A) JV to Evaluate Catalyst Recycling Unit in China
Shell (RDS.A) partners with AMG Recycling
Group to explore the feasibility of spent-catalyst recycling
facility in China by turning wastes into resources.
Zacks. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- Leaf-cutter bees as plastic recyclers? Not a good idea, say scientists
Scientists have noted instances of leaf-cutter bees using plastic waste to construct their nests and one research group suggested such behavior could be an 'ecologically adaptive trait' and beneficial recycling
Science Daily. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- Recycling test questions how well you know your mobius loop from your compostables
A recent poll conducted by energy saving experts SaveOnEnergy.com found Britons spend more than half a day a year trying to figure out what the symbols on packaging means before giving up.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- Man is arrested after 'dumping a human HEAD in a recycling bin in Spain'
Police in Spain have arrested a man spotted dumping a human head by a recycling
bin after discovering the body it belonged to in a nearby flat in the Spanish city of Huelva.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 1 Nov 2020.
- Americans May Add Five Times More Plastic to the Oceans Than Thought
The United States is using more plastic than ever, and waste exported for recycling
is often mishandled, according to a new study.
New York Times. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- Goal Of 100% Concessions Recycling Makes Kroenke And Ball Partnership Much More Than Arena Naming Rights Deal
The Pepsi Center has been renamed Ball Arena. ...
Forbes. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
"Zombie batteries" have caused hundreds of fires at waste management facilities and recycling
plants, endangering workers' health, according to campaigners.
Sky News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Real Madrid topples Barcelona in Clasico as Zidane 'out-recycles' Koeman
Saturday's Clasico was a lesson in recycling
. Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane did so excellently while Barca's Ronald Koeman failed in this regard.
ESPN. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Plastic recycling in South Korea was already in crisis. The pandemic is pushing it to the brink
The surge in plastic waste caused by the COVID-19 pandemic may push over the edge an already fragile ecosystem of recycling
plastic, already strained by falling oil prices and interruptions in the global trade in recyclables.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- A new material for separating CO2 from industrial waste gases, natural gas, or biogas
With a new material, the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2) can be specifically separated from industrial waste gases, natural gas, or biogas, and thereby made available for recycling
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Ikea to buy back used furniture in recycling push
World's biggest furniture firm to resell second-hand Ikea items in bid to be 'climate positive'.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- City did not communicate well enough over RMG recycling plant concerns, officials say
operations of General 3 have not begun on the Southeast Side, as city officials acknowledged they did not communicate well with the concerned community there.
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Apple sues recycling firm that 'resold old gadgets'
After sending 500,000 gadgets for recycling, Apple says it found more than 100,000 were still in use.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Apple sues recycling firm for re-selling devices it was meant to dismantle
Apple is taking a former business partner to court for allegedly stealing and reselling more than 100,000 devices which it had been hired to dismantle and recycle.
Sky News. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries