This Steel news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about steel news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Olympic Steel (ZEUS) Stock Up on Q3 Earnings & Revenue Beat
A steady rise in demand drove Olympic Steel's (ZEUS) performance in the third quarter.
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- President-Elect Biden Can Throw The Coal Industry A Life Rope: Green Infrastructure Projects
Peabody Energy is struggling to stay afloat. But President-elect Biden can help save the coal operator if he pushes for green infrastructure projects that use "met" coal that goes into steel
Forbes. Tuesday, 10 Nov 2020.
- Ex-FM Carwyn Jones accused of breaching ministerial code
Regulator tells Carwyn Jones he should not have become an adviser to a steel
and energy group.
BBC News. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- Olympic Steel (ZEUS) Reports Q3 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
(ZEUS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 30.00% and 15.58%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- Vietnamese migrants tried to break out of the back of a truck, court hears
The jury have seen shocking images of slash marks made by the edge of the steel
pole in the container which carried the victims to their death from Zeebrugge in Belgium to Purfleet in Essex.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 4 Nov 2020.
- Save Over 70% Off This High-End Stainless Steel 10-Piece Cookware Set
With the holidays quickly approaching, there’s no doubt you’ll be spending a lot of time in the kitchen. ...
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 3 Nov 2020.
- CCW Weekend: Steel Case Ammo, Myths, Legends And Mother Russia
To shoot at a lower price point, a lot of people use steel
case ammunition, which is cheaper than brass.
Daily Caller. Saturday, 31 Oct 2020.
"Steel yourself for a messy, confusing outcome leading to some messy, confusing action in the stock market," the "Mad Money" host said.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- Steel processor announces plans to open Kentucky plant
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - A steel
processor is expected to create 110 full-time jobs in coming years at a tube manufacturing plant it plans to open in south-central Kentucky, state officials said. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- Steel producer starts construction on Kentucky plant
BRANDENBURG, Ky. (AP) - Steel
producer Nucor Corp. has broken ground as construction begins on its new $1.7 billion manufacturing mill in Kentucky. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Bitcoin Futures May Be Overbought
Oct.23 -- In this edition of "Futures in Focus," Bloomberg's Alix Steel
and Guy Johnson take a look at the surge in Bitcoin futures. They speak on "Bloomberg Markets."
Yahoo. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Steel producer Nucor sees opportunity in autos beyond recent rebound
"We're about 1.6 million tons a year of our products going to automotive. Will double that in the next several years," Nucor CEO Leon Topalian told CNBC.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Steel tycoon Sanjeev Gupta moves to expand empire
The Indian-born, British businessman's Liberty group has swooped on the legacy steel
business of Thyssenkrupp, a tie-up that would bring together Europe's second and fourth-biggest producers.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Apple Unveils iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max With Larger Screens and Steel Cases
The premium iPhones get even sleeker.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- New research on SARS-CoV-2 virus 'survivability'
COVID-19 causing virus lasts for 10 days longer than Influenza on some surfaces Lower temps, glass, stainless steel
and paper banknotes give virus longer life.
Science Daily. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
Steel Fabrication News Headlines and News Summaries