This Utility news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about utility and utilities news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Is Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP) Stock Outpacing Its Utilities Peers This Year?
Is (BIP) Outperforming Other Utilities
Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- FirstEnergy to Cut Emissions, Aims Carbon Neutrality by 2050
FirstEnergy (FE) has taken steps to lower emissions and join the group of utilities
who have already pledged to achieve carbon neutrality in the next few decades.
Zacks. Wednesday, 11 Nov 2020.
- Exclusive: NextEra Energy in $15 billion bid for Evergy - sources
NextEra Energy Inc, the world's largest producer of wind and solar energy, has made a roughly $15 billion all-stock acquisition offer for U.S. power utility
Evergy Inc, people familiar with the matter said on Monday. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 9 Nov 2020.
- The utility that beat Big Oil to a climate model it needs for the future
Is NextEra Energy a utility
or a renewable energy company? The answer is both, and there's a lesson in its market success about business and climate change.
CNBC. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Utilities Are Becoming Data-Driven, Learning Of Secure Communications Need
entered the big data world when they introduced smart meters.
Forbes. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
- Tap into water firms to beat dividend drought
The past week's stock market turmoil has hit the many portfolios. This is not the moment to panic, but it is the moment to remember that utilities
will always be in demand.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 31 Oct 2020.
- Here's Why We're Wary Of Buying Canadian Utilities' (TSE:CU) For Its Upcoming Dividend
Limited (TSE:CU) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in four days. You can purchase shares ...
Yahoo. Friday, 30 Oct 2020.
- School bus crash in Tennessee kills girl and driver
One student critically hurt in collision between the school bus and a utility
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Orange County wildfires 'may have been started by electrical equipment'
company Southern California Edison says its equipment might have sparked the blaze.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- As Trump Dismisses Renewables, Energy Sector Doubles Down
President Trump's comments about the poor economics of renewable energy in the last presidential debate fly in the face of current investment and acquisition activity in the US electric utility
Forbes. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Contaminated water that 'could damage human DNA' could be released into sea, Greenpeace claims
company operating the tsunami-devastated nuclear power plant in Fukushima, Japan, said last year it will run out of space to store massive quantities of contaminated water by 2022.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- How Aston Martin is trying to save its iconic brand
Two years after Aston Martin's initial public offering, shares are trading at a fraction of a dollar. The company is looking to its DBX sport utility
vehicle to help turn things around.
CNBC. Saturday, 24 Oct 2020.
- CORRECTS: Northern California utility may cut power to nearly half-million customers over fire threa
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - CORRECTS: Northern California utility
may cut power to nearly half-million customers over fire threat.
Washington Times. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Column: The pandemic makes clear it's time to treat the internet as a utility
Like power and water, the internet has been shown by the pandemic to be a necessity for households. It's time for it to be regulated as a utility
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Everton primed to end decade of derby futility vs. Liverpool
Everton haven't beaten Liverpool for a decade and struggle in the Reds' shadow. Is this the weekend it shifts?
ESPN. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries